Are you currently thinking of considering Kona fishing trips for families but not sure whether or not it’s worth it? If yes, then we’re assuring you that this trip is going to give you an unforgettable experience. As a sport fishing enthusiast, Kona is one of the best locations in Hawaii to land the biggest marlins. You’ll also have the opportunity to hire some of the best Kona fishing charters – a good example is the custom-built 41′ G&S Sportfisher, which Tantrum Sportfishing offers.
There’s no denying that Kona fishing trips for families offer exciting experiences for anglers. For you to know more about how this trip works, we’ve come up with some answers to the frequently asked questions by different anglers.
Which company can you trust for this Kona fishing trip?
Today, hiring a boat is important if you’re interested in going on fishing trips for families in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Before choosing a reliable Kona fishing charter rental company, we’ll advise you to factor in a couple of things.
- The right company should have a good logistics team. As you already know, weather is one important factor to consider when going on a fishing trip to Kona. The right company, such as Tantrum Sportfishing, should be able to advise you on when to go on fishing trips for families, based on the weather condition.
- Does the rental company have services for family trips? The answer to this question depends on the type of boats the company offers, including how many passengers they’re licensed to carry.
Tantrum Sportfishing offers one of the best vessels for anglers looking to visit Kailua-Kona with their families on a fishing trip. The company offers a custom-built 41′ G&S Sportfisher, which is licensed to carry up to 6 passengers at a time.
The bottom line is Tantrum Sportfishing is one of the most reliable companies you can trust for renting charters and your Kailua-Kona home rental needs.
Where exactly is the boat located?
Like other vessels for Kona fishing trips for families, Tantrum 41′ G&S Sportfisher is located in the Honokohau Harbor marina, right below the Harbor House restaurant. This boat is a record fly fishing charter. One highlighting feature of G&S is that it’s extremely maneuverable. Besides, this vessel can easily back down even when it’s working at high speeds.
Is there any fishing license requirement?
Unlike many states out there, the state of Hawaii won’t ask you for fishing licenses to visit its state for Kona fishing trips. That said, the exact answer to this question is ‘no’, you don’t need any fishing licenses for this trip.
Are there any provisions for seasickness?
Sea sickness is a very common health problem across the world today. According to a recent study, roughly 1 in 3 people experience this type of motion sickness. In case you’re prone to seasickness, you need to notify the experts at Tantrum Sportfishing before going ahead with this Kona fishing trip for families. Below are a few available recommended precautionary measures:
- First, you need to try as much as possible to lower your alcohol intake, at least for the night before the trip.
- There are a few OTC medications in place for purchase to help you prevent this motion sickness.
- With early planning, you may also get some effective prescription patches for this trip.
- With the aforementioned medications, your chances of experiencing seasickness on this trip are very low. However, if you eventually get sick on Tantrum, we advise you to lie down and sleep. Falling asleep will most certainly address this health condition and you won’t have any reason to feel it anymore once you’re awake.